How to apply
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR UEF SUMMER SCHOOL 2018 IS OVER. First information about Summer School 2019 will be published in our website by the end of the year 2018.
Please follow these steps to submit an application to UEF
NOTE: UEF students! Scroll down for additional instructions on how to apply!
1. Go through the course selection and choose one of the courses you would like to apply to. Please pay attention to the possbile prerequisites given in the course descriptions. Please note that the courses are running at the same time, so attending more than one course is not possible.
2. Prepare the following documents that you should download to the application form:
- a copy of your latest transcript in English. If you are not currently studying, prepare a copy of your latest diploma (bachelor or higher) in English.
- a copy of your valid personal identification (passport or ID card)
3. Fill in the application form and send the form and the enclosures electronically. You don't have to send any copies by email or post.
4. Reserve your accommodation by choosing the right option for you on the application form (in section Other). See more information on the page Accommodation.
5. Wait for the confirmation of acceptance, which will be send to you through the application system. The decision about the acceptance is made in the departments/schools organising the course so the time of getting the acceptance notification varies.
6. The course fee is 500 euros. You will get the instructions on how to pay along with the confirmation of acceptance. It's possible to pay through bank (debit) or by Visa/Mastercard (credit). See also Payment instructions for further information.
There are the following exceptions for the course fee:
- If you are a UEF student (bachelor's/master's/doctoral degree), you can attend the Summer School free of charge.
- If you are a student starting at UEF Masters' degree programme in autumn 2018, you can attend the Summer School free of charge.
- If you are a student coming from a UEF partner University you will get a discount of 20 % from the course fee. So your course fee is 400 euros.
7. Once you have paid the course fee, you will get an official acceptance letter. Please indicate on the application form or by email summer.school(at)uef.fi if you need an original acceptance letter for visa purposes. You can check if you need a visa and what travel documents are accepted in Finland at the page of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. If you need a visa to enter Finland, you should apply for it at your home country before leaving for Finland.
8. Book your travel tickets after you have received the acceptance letter and confirmation about the accommodation. Once you have booked your travel tickets, fill in the Arrival Form.
9. Sign in for the social programme by filling in the separate Registration Form. There will be more information about the social programme and the list of activities available during spring 2018.
Then just enjoy the anticipation of joining our Summer School!
UEF students: How to apply
IMPORTANT: Choose Finland as your citizenship when you first time enter the application system by clicking Become an applicant! Do this even though your citizenship is other than Finnish. You will then get a separate (more simple) application/registration form. You are then not required to enclose any compulsory enclosures and motivation letter. Your participation to the courses is free of charge so you will get no invoice and official acceptance letter.