Sociology, social psychology, social work, social policy.
In UEF Finna you can search both electronic and printed materials acquired to UEF Library. As default: Library´s collections (books, e-books, journals, databases etc.).
Log in by your UEF username and password.
LINKS TO THE MOST IMPORTANT DATABASES
Scopus (large and multidisciplinary)
Social science premium collection (ProQuest)
Research methodology guides: Sage Research Methods Online
PUBLICATION ARCHIVES AND OPEN ACCESS JOURNAL DIRECTORIES
- UEF researchers are recommended primarily to store their publications into the university’s own UEF-eRepository publication archive.
- UEF Electronic Publications / Open UEF theses and other publications
- Articles tracking / various services and tools to track open scientific publications on FinELib's website
- DOAJ / directory of open access journals
- Doria / publications of Finnish universities and offices/officials, National Library of Finland
- Julkari / Finnish open publications archive of the administrative branch of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- SocArXiv / publication archive of the social sciences
- SSRN / social science research networks e-library
- Theseus / open theses and publications of Finnish universities of applied sciences, National Library of Finland
STUDY INFORMATION SKILLS
8020300 Information skills and sources in Social Sciences for International Students (course description and registration)
8022020 Research Information Retrieval and Management
- the course if for post-graduate students
- teacher responsible for this course: Kaisa Hartikainen
Ask For advice
Ask an Information Specialist: information.services[at]uef.fi
Book an appointment with an Information Specialist (max. 1 h free of charge)
Information retrieval request form (chargeable)
How to find a journal impact factor (IF)
How to use RefWorks reference management sofware
How to use electronic resources remotely (outside UEF networks)
Why full text does not always open and what to do then
What are open access publishing and open science
Feedback will be processed daily. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately if they are essential to the service and in accordance with the operating policy. All feedback will be processed in the relevant services. If necessary, feedback will also be processed in the library’s working groups. Feedback and the changes prompted by feedback will be processed annually by the management group in the management review.