In order to borrow Ellibs ebooks, you must create a personal user account. See blog post Borrowing e-books in Ellibs service.
1. How many concurrent users can access book?
2. Can I read the books using just my Web browser?
Some books you can, some not (see question 9).
3. Can I print and copy the material?
Yes, on some books. E-book-provider-specific printing and copying restrictions are mentioned in book descriptions.
4. Can I save the books?
Yes, i.e. on a USB stick, in acsm file format. Reader software is required to open these files (see question 9).
5. Can I borrow the books and then read them offline??
Yes. Books are downloaded into a reader programme for the loan period. The loan period is for some books 3 hours or 4 days, for some books 10 minutes or 7 days.
6. Can I reserve material?
Yes; books that can be read on a web browser. When the book is ready for reading after the previous customer, you’ll get an email notice.
7. Can I use the books with my tablet or e-reader?
Yes. Tablets require free reader software (see question 9).
Your tablet must be connected to the Internet when you are accessing a book for the first time.
8. Can I read the book I have borrowed on different devices?
Yes. You have to download the book into a reader programme, create an Adobe ID account, and authorize your device with the account.
9. Which reader software do I use on each device?
(Create Adobe ID account)
Desktop or laptop computer
Adobe Digital Editions (recommendation: version 4.5 or newer). The software can be found as a virtual application on the university network.
iOS devices: iPad, iPhone
Bluefire Reader (AppStore)
Bluefire Reader (Play Store)
10. How do I install the reader software?
11. How do I download a book into the programme?
Library communications is coordinated by information specialist Tuulevi Ovaska.
for MORE INFORMATION
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Authorizing Adobe Digital Editions
- Bluefire Reader
- Checking Out and Downloading EBSCO eBooks
- ProQuest Ebook Central: Full Download
All feedback will be processed. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately. We will reply to the person who has sent the feedback and inform them on the action that the feedback has prompted.