EBOOK CENTRAL (formerly EBRARY)
1. How many concurrent users can access book?
1, 3, or unlimited number.
2. Can I read the books using just my Web browser?
3. Can I print and copy the material?
Yes. Number of permitted prints varies by book. 1 page can be copied at a time; number of permitted copies varies by book.
4. Can I save the books?
Yes, i.e. on a USB stick, in acsm file format. Reader software is required to open these files (see question 9). Saving these files requires you to create your own Ebook Central user account.
5. Can I borrow the books and then read them offline?
Yes, except for books that only allow 1 concurrent user and all books of certain publishers. Books are downloaded into a reader programme for the loan period. Downloading requires you to create your own Ebook Central user account. The loan period is 14 days for books that allow unlimited concurrent users and 7 for books that allow 3. Up to 10 books at a time per patron. Single chapters can be downloaded as pdf files permanently without signing in with Ebook Central credentials.
6. Can I reserve material?
7. Can I use the books with my tablet or e-reader?
Yes. Tablets require free reader software (see question 9). Downloading requires you to create your own Ebook Central user account.
If you’ll have problems with downloading, try another web browser (e.g, Safari / Chrome).
Your tablet must be connected to the Internet when you are accessing a book for the first time.
8. Can I read the book I have borrowed on different devices?
Yes. You have to download the book into a reader programme, create an Adobe ID account, and authorize your device with the account.
9. Which reader software do I use on each device?
(Create Adobe ID account)
Desktop or laptop computer
Adobe Digital Editions. The software can be found as a virtual application on the university network.
iOS devices: iPad, iPhone
Bluefire Reader (AppStore)
Bluefire Reader (Play Store)
10. How do I install the reader software?
11. How do I download a book into the programme?
for MORE INFORMATION
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Authorizing Adobe Digital Editions
- Bluefire Reader
- Checking Out and Downloading EBSCO eBooks
- ProQuest Ebook Central: Full Download
All feedback will be processed. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately. We will reply to the person who has sent the feedback and inform them on the action that the feedback has prompted.