The licensed e-resources are available to the University of Eastern Finland degree students, postgraduate students and staff, as well as to the staff members of KUH via the networks of the university and KUH. It is also possible to access the e-resources via a remote access connection and UEF Finna.
KUH staff members who are not also students or staff of the university (and therefore do not have a UEF username) can receive separate remote access rights by visiting the KUH Medical Library.
The rights to access the resources remotely are valid for the duration of the studies or employment. Remote access rights are valid only for students who have registered as being present. Students registered as absent are able to apply special remote access rights for a justified reason by filling a request form in the UEF Service Catalogue. The reason for absence must relate to the studies or other university functions. Within the form, please check the item labelled 'Library Electronic Collections (remote access)'. If you are unable to access the UEF Service Catalogue, please contact the UEF IT Servicedesk.
Students of the UEF Open University have the right to use the FinELib resources via a remote access connection for the duration of their studies. Library users who are not members of the university or KUH may use the licensed resources only on the computers within the library's facilities.
You are generally allowed to:
- browse the resources and make searches
- view the resources infinitely on a computer or a mobile device screen
- print your search results on paper or save them on a file in moderate amounts for your own non-commercial study or research purposes
- print on paper or save on a file individual articles or parts of e-books in moderate amounts
- send electronic or print copies of individual articles to another person's personal use in the name of academic cooperation
You are generally not allowed to:
- use the resources or parts of them for commercial purposes
- distribute, sell or modify the materials, make spin-off copies or provide access to persons who are not entitled to use the materials
- remove or change the name of the author or the publisher's copyright information or other identification information or prohibitions
- use data-mining software
- copy or print the materials on paper systematically or republish the materials in another format
- systematically save large amounts of information (such as complete issues or volumes of a journal) on your personal computer or upload them on, for example, your personal website
Sign in to UEF Finna using your UEF username and password.
Sign in via the separate login site using your KUH remote access username and password. They can be requested by sending email to kys.kirj[at]kuh.fi or visiting the KUH Medical Library.
FOR More Information
All feedback will be processed. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately. We will reply to the person who has sent the feedback and inform them on the action that the feedback has prompted.