Computers, devices and IT credentials
Within the library facilities, there are computers, printers, copying machines, scanners, quick printing points and microcard readers for our customers to use.
Common rules for the computer area
Take care of your belongings. Make also sure that your belongings don't take over working space from others.
The library is not responsible for things you leave behind at the working space.
You may leave a computer workstation for a maximum of 15 minutes!
- Save your work! Library is not responsible for lost data.
- If you have been away for longer than 15 minutes, another user is authorised to take your place and move your belongings aside. Library staff can't be asked to do it.
- Phone calls should be taken care of elsewhere in order not to disturb others.
- Keep the working spaces tidy and clean up afterwards.
- In Joensuu and Kuopio, Oppari ja UEF IT Services
- In Kuopio, the library's IT-Helpdesk is present Mon–Fri 11.30–14.00
Campus libraries' IT services listing: Joensuu and Kuopio
- UEF IT Services has a Chat service Mon–Fri 9.00–15.00.
Username and password
Students and staff members:
- Computers for customer use: log in using your UEF username and password.
KUH Medical Library:
- A signified computer for customer use can be used with your PSSHP username and password.
- You can get visitor-uef login credentials for computers at the customer service at the Kuopio Campus Library and KUH Medical Library, along with Oppari at Joensuu Campus Library by presenting photograph identification.
You can access the wireless uef-open network without credentials.
Printing, copying, scanning
Students are allocated a printing quota of 400 free pages per academic year. You can buy additional quota online, from Oppari or the library's customer service (Kuopio & KUH). In KUH Medical Library, only cash is accepted.