Accommodation in Kuopio
Kotimaailma offers fully furnished and equipped apartments located in or close to the city centre.
The price is as follows:
- Studio apartment: 70 e/night/1-2 persons
- 2-room apartment: 80 e/night/1-2 persons
- 3-room apartment or 2-room apartment with sauna: 85 e/night/1-2 persons
- 3-room apartment with sauna: 90 e/night/1-2 persons
- 3rd etc. person in an apartment: 15 e/night
Studios can fit in 2-3 persons, 2-room apartments 3-4 persons and 3-room apartments 4-5 persons. Please note that you might need to share a bedroom.The prices include i.a. internet access, bed linen, towels and final cleaning. Kitchens are fully equipped and there is a washing machine in every apartment.
Please contact entrepreneur Kai Ranta-Pere (kai.ranta-pere[at]kotimaailma.com) directly to book or if you have any questions about the apartments. Please remember to mention that you are attending UEF Summer School.
Hotel Savonia is situated less than 1 km from the university campus. It offers double, 3-persons and 4-persons rooms. The price is as follows:
- double room: 35 e/person/day, breakfast included
- 3-person room: 30 e/person/day, breakfast included
- 4-person room: 30 e/person/day, breakfast included
The rooms are normal hotel rooms so there is no possibility for cooking your food yourself. There is a restaurant and sauna for guests in the hotel. If you have any questions, please send them in English to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kuopas has student housing options in different parts of Kuopio city. The following options are closest to the university campus with furnished rooms (please note that in Finland the student housing company rooms are usually unfurnished):
- Puijonlaakso, address: Kuntokuja 2
rooms available in shared flats, price 363 euros (including electricity, water and internet connection)
- Puijonlaakso, address: Taivaanpankontie 15
rooms available in one-room flats, price 388 euros (including electricity, water and internet connection)
- Neulamäki, address: Juontotie 3
rooms available in shared flats, price 292-342 euros (including electricity, water and internet connection)
The rooms are furnished with bed (including mattress, blanket and pillow, linen not included), desk and chairs. The rooms have a shared kitchen and bathroom. The one-room flats have an own kitchen/kitchenette and bathroom. Indicate on the application form in which type of room you would like to stay.
Other options in Kuopio
If you wish to organise your accommodation in Kuopio some other way, here are some tips:
- Hostel Hermanni
- Guest House Asema
- Hostel Matkustajakoti
- Matkailukeskus Rauhalahti
- You can also check the tourist information websites, https://www.kuopiotahko.fi/en/ and http://www.kuopiotahko.fi/kuopio-en/accommodation/hotels/
- Also, you might want to check Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/) and Couchsurfing (https://www.couchsurfing.com/).